using ssds with ceph

Hello all,

Our dev environment are quite I/O intensive but didn't require much space (~20G per dev environment), for the moment our dev machines are served by VMWare and the storage is done in NFS appliances with SAS or SATA drives. After some testing with consumer grade SSD we discovered that built speed could be greatly improved by using SSD but having SSD in NFS appliances is very costly. So I'm thinking of using consumer grade or even intel s3700 SSD and ceph as the backend storage. Is there any cons using SSD for data storage (apart from the price per GB that is higher than SAS drives) ?

Obviously if I don't want to lose my data I need to have twice has much space that is required so that objects are at least stored twice, is there anything else that I need to pay attention too ?

Matthieu.