Re: Rbd and bonnie++ problems

All systems are running: 3.2.0-38-generic.

-Trevor

On 2013-03-06 00:40, Dino Yancey wrote:
What kernel version are you using on your client?

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM, tra26 <tra26@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I've been working to deploy ceph recently and have been conducting some performance tests and have ran into some problems. I've created an rbd image, mapped it on a client and put a file system on it. I've tried with both ext4 and xfs to which the same results occur. After a while the system running bonnie will lock up leaving some kernel messages on the console and requires a hard reset. This has occurred on two different machines, one was
a monitor and the other was a plain client.

My setup: 5 osds and 3 monitors (2 monitors are on osd machines). Replica is set to 3 on the pool that my image is stored and the cluster was healthy at
the start. I am using the 0.56 packages for ubuntu.

Any ideas on what is causing the system to lockup/panic?

Thanks,

-Trevor Adams