Re: Ceph installation

Waed,

I'd need to know a little bit more about the error you are seeing.
However, as a general practice, we don't mount Ceph clients on the
same host as the Ceph cluster. There are issues when trying to mount
Ceph kernel clients on the same host as the cluster. See
http://ceph.com/docs/master/faq/#how-can-i-give-ceph-a-try for
details. Is it possible to use two separate machines: one for the
server and one for the client?

Also, to ensure that your cluster is running properly, you may want to
try the following exercise:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/monitoring-osd-pg/#finding-an-object-location
 In the "Excercise: Locate an Object", create an object and see if you
can locate it. If you can, your cluster is running fine. It's probably
just mounting a client on the same host that is impeding your
progress.

John

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM, waed Albataineh
<waedalbataineh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello there,
> My name is Waed Al-Bataineh, I want to install Ceph as it consider the topic of my graduation project. i went through the 5 min quick start and i have two VM (client - server ) after finishing this stage i get the two osd,mon & mds on the server machine right!!!
>
> then i went through the rest stage the BD quick start and Ceph FS quick start where i had a problem on this final stage it gave me an error when i make the mount ceph FS knowing that i used the ip for monitor same as server ip!! I'm not sure i'm making it clear but need your help !
>
> I cant reach to the benchmarks that Ceph used to test the data, can u help me get to it!
>

> Thank you.

John Wilkins
Senior Technical Writer
Intank