Re: grid data placement take 2

On 02/19/2013 01:33 PM, Sam Lang wrote:

> These two values are too large.  There's currently a limit in the
> cephfs tool that doesn't support setting an object size greater than
> 4GB (UINT_MAX).
>

>> Your line verbatim:
>>
>> # cephfs /ceph/blastdb set_layout -s $[1024*1024*1024*2]
>> Error setting layout: Invalid argument
>>
>> Per-calculated:
>>
>> # cephfs /ceph/blastdb set_layout -s 2147483648
>> Error setting layout: Invalid argument
>
> These two are a different error.  Is /ceph/blastdb a directory?  Which
> version of ceph are you using?

OK, let's backtrack a little.

I've a 32GB (at the last count) haystack. It is split into >=2GB files
b/c of the limit in our "needle search" application. I want all of that
to be local on each host running the application.

So from what you're saying I have to set_layout on every file
individually, I can't set it on the haystack directory because it's too
big. Correct?

The haystack is being generated before the run, I don't know how many
files there are. So if I understand it correctly,
- I create the files,
- set_layout for each,
- wait for them to get copied to every host (osd)?

Ceph is bobtail from rpms, the kernel is more of a problem as it's a
stock elrepo's build of 3.0 (.65 ATM).

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin