Re: guidance with hadoop on ceph

Hi Varun,

The main Ceph/Hadoop development is being done in a new location now.

  http://github.com/ceph/hadopo-common cephfs/branch-1.0

The Java bindings for Ceph are contained in the main Ceph tree. They are also included in the Debian PPA releases, but in the short term the dependency for Hadoop is on the master branch.

So, in summary:

1. Grab the Hadoop branch above
2. Get the Ceph Java bindings
    - Build ceph with --eanble-cephfs-java
    - Or use the master PPA
3. Build Hadoop

This is a listing of configuration options that the Hadoop bindings recognize

  http://ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/hadoop/

And there is a lot more documentation in the pipe. I'll ping the mailing list once it gets posted.

Let us know if you have any issues getting started.

Thanks,
Noah