Re: Large Omap Warning on Log pool

Hi Aaron,

The data_log objects are storing logs for multisite replication. Judging by the pool name '.us-phx2.log', this cluster was created before jewel. Are you (or were you) using multisite or radosgw-agent?

If not, you'll want to turn off the logging (log_meta and log_data -> false) in your zonegroup configuration using 'radosgw-admin zonegroup get/set', restart gateways, then delete the data_log and meta_log objects.

If it is multisite, then the logs should all be trimmed in the background as long as all peer zones are up-to-date. There was a bug prior to 12.2.12 that prevented datalog trimming (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/38412).

Casey