Re: Is downburst still maintained?

Hi Gregory,

2022年10月19日(水) 2:19 Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 7:30 PM Satoru Takeuchi
> <satoru.takeuchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've tried to run teuthology in my local environment by following the
> > official docs.
> > FIrst I tried to use downburst but I found that it hasn't updated for
> > a long time.
> >
> > https://github.com/ceph/downburst
> >
> > Is downburst still maintained? Currently, I prepare my nodes by
> > Vagrant and would
> > like to know whether my approach is correct or not.
> >

> I think downburst is mostly dead at this point. The upstream lab
> teuthology instance no longer uses VMs or bursts into the cloud (it
> deploys using FOG to raw hardware), and I'm not sure if anybody else
> is keeping the run-on-a-cloud portions alive. :/
> I see Kyr committed to downburst about a year ago, and most of the
> vaguely recent work for clouds was from him and Suse, so maybe he
> knows?

Thank you for your answer, and I found I posted this message to the wrong list.
I should have sent this to dev@xxxxxxx or ceph-users@xxxxxxx.

Best,
Satoru

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]