Re: Is downburst still maintained?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 7:30 PM Satoru Takeuchi
<satoru.takeuchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried to run teuthology in my local environment by following the
> official docs.
> FIrst I tried to use downburst but I found that it hasn't updated for
> a long time.
>
> https://github.com/ceph/downburst
>
> Is downburst still maintained? Currently, I prepare my nodes by
> Vagrant and would
> like to know whether my approach is correct or not.

I think downburst is mostly dead at this point. The upstream lab
teuthology instance no longer uses VMs or bursts into the cloud (it
deploys using FOG to raw hardware), and I'm not sure if anybody else
is keeping the run-on-a-cloud portions alive. :/
I see Kyr committed to downburst about a year ago, and most of the
vaguely recent work for clouds was from him and Suse, so maybe he
knows?
-Greg

> Thanks,
> Satoru

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]