From: Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06 July 2021 19:21
To: Robin Geuze
Cc: Ceph Development
Subject: Re: All RBD IO stuck after flapping OSD's

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 12:07 PM Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 10:39 AM Robin Geuze <robin.geuze@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Ilya,
> >
> > Do you have any idea on the cause of this bug yet? I tried to dig around a bit myself in the source, but the logic around this locking is very complex, so I couldn't figure out where the problem is.
>
> I do.  The proper fix would indeed be large and not backportable but
> I have a workaround in mind that should be simple enough to backport
> all the way to 5.4.  The trick is making sure that the workaround is
> fine from the exclusive lock protocol POV.
>
> I'll try to flesh it out by the end of this week and report back
> early next week.

Hi Robin,

I CCed you on the patches.  They should apply to 5.4 cleanly.  You
mentioned you have a build farm set up, please take them for a spin.

Thanks,

                Ilya

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]