Re: cephfs kernel client umount stucks forever

Hello Ilya,

On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 at 16:42, Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 11:23 AM Jerry Lee <leisurelysw24@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Some additional information are provided as below:
> >
> > I tried to restart the active MDS, and after the standby MDS took
> > over, there is no client session recorded in the output of `ceph
> > daemon mds.xxx session ls`.  When I restarted the OSD.13 daemon, the
> > stuck write op finished immediately.  Thanks.
>
> So it happened again with the same OSD?  Did you see this with other
> OSDs?

Yes.  The issue always happened on the same OSD from previous
experience.  However, it did happen with other OSD on other node from
the Cephfs kernel client's point of view.

> Try enabling some logging on osd.13 since this seems to be a recurring
> issue.  At least "debug ms = 1" so we can see whether it ever sends the
> reply to the original op (i.e. prior to restart).

Get it, I will raise the debug level to retrive more logs for further
investigateion.

> Also, take note of the epoch in osdc output:
>
> 36      osd13   ... e327 ...
>
> Does "ceph osd dump" show the same epoch when things are stuck?

Unfortunately, the environment was gone.  But from the logs captured
before, the epoch seems to be consistent between client and ceph
cluster when thing are stuck, right?

2019-07-26 12:24:08.475 7f06efebc700  0 log_channel(cluster) log [DBG]
: osdmap e306: 15 total, 15 up, 15 in

BTW, logs of OSD.13 and dynamic debug kernel logs of libceph captured
on the stuck node are provided in
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gYksDbCecisWtP05HEoSxevDK8sywKv6?usp=sharing.
I deeply appreciate your kindly help!

- Jerry

> Thanks,
>
>                 Ilya

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]