Re: cephfs kernel client umount stucks forever

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 11:23 AM Jerry Lee <leisurelysw24@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some additional information are provided as below:
>
> I tried to restart the active MDS, and after the standby MDS took
> over, there is no client session recorded in the output of `ceph
> daemon mds.xxx session ls`.  When I restarted the OSD.13 daemon, the
> stuck write op finished immediately.  Thanks.

So it happened again with the same OSD?  Did you see this with other
OSDs?

Try enabling some logging on osd.13 since this seems to be a recurring
issue.  At least "debug ms = 1" so we can see whether it ever sends the
reply to the original op (i.e. prior to restart).

Also, take note of the epoch in osdc output:

36      osd13   ... e327 ...

Does "ceph osd dump" show the same epoch when things are stuck?

Thanks,

                Ilya

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]