ANNOUNCE (take 2): dev@xxxxxxx and ceph-devel list split

Hi everyone,

We are splitting the ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list into two:

- dev@xxxxxxx

  This will be the new general purpose Ceph development discussion list.
  We encourage all subscribers to the current ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  to subscribe to this new list.

  Subscribe to the new ceph-devel list now at:

    https://lists.ceph.io/postorius/lists/dev.ceph.io/

  (We were originally going to call this list ceph-devel@xxxxxxx, but are
  going with dev@xxxxxxx instead to avoid the confusion of having two
  'ceph-devel's, particularly when searching archives.)

- ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  The current list will continue to exist, but its role will shift to
  Linux kernel-related traffic, including kernel patches and discussion of
  implementation details for the kernel client code.

  At some point in the future, when all non-kernel discussion has shifted
  to the new list, you might want to unsubscribe from the old list.

For the next week or two, please direct discussion at both lists.  Once a
bit of time has passed and most active developers have subscribed to the
new list, we will focus discussion on the new list only.

We will send several more emails to the old list to remind people to
subscribe to the new list.

Why are we doing this?

1 The new list is mailman and managed by the Ceph community, which means
  that when people have problems with subscribe, mails being lost, or any
  other list-related problems, we can actually do something about it.
  Currently we have no real ability to perform any management-related tasks
  on the vger list.

2 The vger majordomo setup also has some frustrating features/limitations,
  the most notable being that it only accepts plaintext email; anything
  with MIME or HTML formatting is rejected.  This confuses many users.

3 The kernel development and general Ceph development have slightly
  different modes of collaboration.  Kernel code review is based on email
  patches to the list and reviewing via email, which can be noisy and
  verbose for those not involved in kernel development.  The Ceph userspace
  code is handled via github pull requests, which capture both proposed
  changes and code review.

Thanks!