Re: cephfs snapshot mirroring

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 09:56:25PM +0000, Sage Weil wrote:
This is on the agenda for CDM next week, but I wrote up some notes here:

	https://pad.ceph.com/p/cephfs-snap-mirroring

It encompasses a few things besides just mirroring, starting with a set of
comamnds to set up cephfs snapshot schedules and retention/rotation
policy, which we need anyway, and seems related and like something we
should add before doing mirroring.

Thoughts?
Yay! I actually wanted to start on this this summer, so a) glad it's on the agenda and b) I'd be more then happy to work on it.

I left some comments in the etherpad. Generally I think it makes sense to separate the snapshot scheduling (and the accompanying pruning) and the mirroring. These two features are not really interdependent bur rather (can) work in concert. And some user might want to mirror their manual snapshots or not mirror at all.

Looking forward to Wednesday!

Jan

sage

--