Re: cephfs snapshot mirroring

As a sysadmin, I'd very much like to give a +1 on this.

We are currently building a new cephfs cluster, and plan to mirror the
new cluster to our older cephfs cluster. We would keep 30 days of daily
snapshots on the old system, and one snapshot on the main system to sync
from.

As Sage's notes in Part 4 suggest, we hope to ceph.dir.rctime to
identify "hot directories" to improve efficiency.

We would either use plain rsync, or a modified version of parsync
(http://moo.nac.uci.edu/~hjm/parsync/) to spin up multiple rsync worker
jobs.

If someone can modify rsync, so it reads the ceph.dir.rctime, and adds a
"ignore folders older than epoch" parameter, this would be a great start :)

all the best, and enjoy your weekend,

Jake