Re: [RFC] bluestore: usage of io_uring API, perf tweaks #2

On 2019-03-27 20:12, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2019-03-27T16:46:04, Roman Penyaev <rpenyaev@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

In the second part of my performance tweaks series I would like to publish testing results of an IO queue, which uses new io_uring API [1] instead of
libaio.  Implementation of a low-level engine io_uring.cc [2] fully
replaces aio.cc by exposing the same API. To enable io_uring the following
option has to be set to true: bluestore_iouring.

These are really great numbers.

When the option isn't set, I think this indicates we should switch to
uring automatically if the system supports it. (Once merged.)

Or are there any issues why one might not want this?

That's correct.  iouring should be used as default if it is supported.
The fallback mechanism to libaio is easy to do, but for that rfc and for
testing I wanted to make everything straightforward.

--
Roman