Re: [RFC] bluestore: usage of io_uring API, perf tweaks #2

On 2019-03-27T16:46:04, Roman Penyaev <rpenyaev@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In the second part of my performance tweaks series I would like to publish
> testing results of an IO queue, which uses new io_uring API [1] instead of
> libaio.  Implementation of a low-level engine io_uring.cc [2] fully
> replaces aio.cc by exposing the same API.  To enable io_uring the following
> option has to be set to true: bluestore_iouring.

These are really great numbers.

When the option isn't set, I think this indicates we should switch to
uring automatically if the system supports it. (Once merged.)

Or are there any issues why one might not want this?

> [2] https://github.com/rouming/ceph/commits/bluestore-iouring

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect SDS, Distinguished Engineer
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)