SSE-KMS integration with Hashicorp Vault

Hi,
reading Rados Gateway documentation [1] I learned that current support
for server side encryption using a KMS is only available with
Openstack Barbincan. Encouraged by the statement from the same
documentation page quoted below:
> In principle, any key management service could be used here, ...
I've checked the code and I can see in [2] that the functions tying
the logic to Barbican are mostly down to request_key_from_barbican and
get_keystone_barbican_token.

My questions are:
- Is there anyone already working on this?
- If not, would an integration with Vault be welcomed?
- Is there any other area of the code / implications I left behind in
my analysis?

Thanks

--
Andrea