Re: Looking for a fix

On 7-3-2019 21:33, Ilya Dryomov wrote:
On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:41 PM kefu chai <tchaikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 7:33 PM Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

In its steps forward FreeBSD has moved to Clang 8.0 on the HEAD release,
soon to be followed on other releases. Also Boost on FreeBSD will soon
migrate to 1.70, but not clear how much fallout that'll generate.

And this Clang version complains about a protected destructor in Boost
code, which seems to be intentionally protected.
So getting Boost to fix this is probably not going to happen.

I now crudely fixed temporarily it by unprotecting the dtor in the boost
include, but can't ask other to do that.

So I need a dtor in this Temple class.
I tried all in cantations I could think of but apparently is my C++ foo
not enough.

Can somebody suggest a dtor? where I can't seem to get the class type
correct.
Or another way around this?

Willem, probably you could use the same approach explained by
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/26301/commits/09870d7a083913b5a3830ba8b0be04d0b0996aca

This is just an opinion, so feel free to ignore it, but I'd just switch
to "normal" syntax with parenthesis: IsWriteOpVisitor().  If you decide
to go with a dummy constructor, add a comment.

Uniform initialization is full of quirks: this issue, mixing with auto,
std::initializer_list edge cases, etc.  I think the best practice is to
use it only where necessary and stick to the traditional assignment and
parenthesis syntax otherwise.

Right, the more I read about this, the less clear it becomes to me, and I see a lot of questions about the subject, with wide varying answers.

This is the shortest, simplest fix.
And it compiles. ;-)

I'll put in a PR for this.

Thanx,