Re: Looking for a fix

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:41 PM kefu chai <tchaikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 7:33 PM Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In its steps forward FreeBSD has moved to Clang 8.0 on the HEAD release,
> > soon to be followed on other releases. Also Boost on FreeBSD will soon
> > migrate to 1.70, but not clear how much fallout that'll generate.
> >
> > And this Clang version complains about a protected destructor in Boost
> > code, which seems to be intentionally protected.
> > So getting Boost to fix this is probably not going to happen.
> >
> > I now crudely fixed temporarily it by unprotecting the dtor in the boost
> > include, but can't ask other to do that.
> >
> > So I need a dtor in this Temple class.
> > I tried all in cantations I could think of but apparently is my C++ foo
> > not enough.
> >
> > Can somebody suggest a dtor? where I can't seem to get the class type
> > correct.
> > Or another way around this?
>

> Willem, probably you could use the same approach explained by
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/26301/commits/09870d7a083913b5a3830ba8b0be04d0b0996aca

This is just an opinion, so feel free to ignore it, but I'd just switch
to "normal" syntax with parenthesis: IsWriteOpVisitor().  If you decide
to go with a dummy constructor, add a comment.

Uniform initialization is full of quirks: this issue, mixing with auto,
std::initializer_list edge cases, etc.  I think the best practice is to
use it only where necessary and stick to the traditional assignment and
parenthesis syntax otherwise.

Thanks,

                Ilya