Re: blinking lights via rook

Some questions and comments:
- What is the user interaction? Is he specifying an OSD ID for which
he wants to blink the light or what is $PATH? If $PATH is a device
name such as /dev/sdb we would need to translate the OSD ID to the
device.
- This feels like a "desired state" way of doing things since you want
a light on until you decide to turn it off. In this case, we could
create a CRD for desired state of device lights. CRDs are the way the
rook module should interact with the rook operator.
    - Whenever the CRD changes, rook would update the lights. When
rook starts, it would also ensure the lights are set appropriately.
    - If a CRD is created it could mean the light should turn on for
that device. If the CRD is deleted, the light should turn off. If
there were different blinking modes, there could be a setting in the
CRD to indicate such.
- What does it take to detect the current state of the lights? Do we
run lsmcli on each node? If so, the discovery daemonset would make
sense to do this.

If we didn't use a CRD, the rook module could store the settings in a
configmap, then run a k8s job itself to turn the lights on or off.
However, I'd say the CRDs are the more natural approach.

Travis