Re: Ceph Dashboard/orchestrator - improvements

Hi Elzbieta,

thanks a lot for your proposal! Sorry for the late reply, catching up
with the backlog after FOSDEM...

On 2/4/19 9:05 AM, elzbieta.dziomdziora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We've prepared a list of improvements, which can be added (with our
> help) to Ceph Dashboard:

Nice! In general, feel free to add such ideas to the Ceph tracker at
https://tracker.ceph.com, if they haven't been noted there (select the
"mgr" project). Also, you're welcome to join the #ceph-dashboard IRC
channel and our daily standup meetings to discuss your ideas. We look
forward to your contributions.

> Host management
> Possible info to put here: add host (server), remove host, add monitors, remove monitors, start servers, stop servers
>
> Restart and restore options in OSD

All of these require support by the orchstrator, see Sebastian's mail
for his thoughts on this.

> 'Updated at' for OSD
> Updated at in OSD status and updated at (minutes/seconds ago for each osd)

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? Adding a time stamp
somewhere (where?), so the admin is aware if the information is stale/up
to date?

> Host status
> for e.g node1 up. Information about OSDs and nodes.

That would be great. Again, this info may require support from the
orchestrator, not sure if Ceph is able to determine the host status by
itself.

> Combine into one "Manage CRUSH map"

Could you create an issue for your proposal on the tracker and include a
mockup? This would be helpful to discuss your idea.

> PG - Updated at

Sounds reasonable, please submit a tracker issue for this.

> Adding Polish language

Yes, that would be great! You can create an account on Transifex and
join the project by following this link:

https://www.transifex.com/signup/?join_project=ceph-dashboard

That's all - more details on how to use Transifex can be found here:
https://docs.transifex.com/

Thanks,

Lenz
--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)