Re: Archiving github pull request conversations?

On 11/27/2018 12:08 PM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:

> What do you think?

This seems a very good idea. I don't know if there's a way to pipe all
notifications to a pre-defined catch-all email account (i.e., a list),
but I think it would be feasible to create a new user, add it to the
repo, and have it receive all emails. That may be the easiest approach
to achieve this.

Regardless of how we do it, I do think it's a very worthwhile approach.

I think the only drawback will be the reviews being archived as well -
while some of them may be interesting to follow, most of them will just
be noise that won't be accompanied by the patches they refer to, making
them essentially useless over time. I don't think this should deter us
from archiving those conversations though.

(also, I wonder if there's any privacy concerns about doing this; gdpr
comes to mind. While github has a policy, we'd be silently archiving
things without express consent?)

  -Joao