Re: Getting the JSON schema of commands

Le 13/11/2018 à 16:56, John Spray a écrit :
However, what's to stop you just using a map of strings to OSDs in the
golang code, and unmarshalling to that?  I'd be kind of surprised if
the golang JSON parser couldn't handle it.

I can surely make something like Unmarshal in a map[string]json.RawMessage and address the structures directly from it.

This is not satisfying for the following reasons :

- this doesn't avoid loading a broken/incomplete input as there is no more json validation here

- I don't have any structure data anymore meaning I cannot address items directly like in osd.Hostname()

- I have to re-implement accessors for every items I need as I'll have no proof it exists or its well formatted.

Considering the size of the json data structure of something like "ceph -s", that is a serious extra-load on _every_ tool that needs to read the json while we could have share the data structures (like between ceph-nano & my work).