Re: teuthology - libvirt-backend

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 10:54 AM Vasu Kulkarni <vakulkar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 4:54 AM Dario Maiocchi <dmaiocchi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > i would like to create a generic libvirt backend forteuthology.
> >
> > I have already created a RFC feature on upstream tracker:
> >
> > https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36714, where i discuss (really) shortly.
> >
> > If you have any feedback or you would like to join efforts/collaborate
> > feel free to ping me on the issue or here !
>
> If you are looking for qemu/kvm, then i dont think there is anything
> that is helpful in teuthology right now for you to look into, the
> openstack api in
> teuthology uses libcloud and the libcloud lacks basic api's to work with qemu.

...and I just realized I mistook libvirt for libcloud when thinking
about this — sorry about that! :o

So yes, I'm curious what exactly you mean by a libvirt backend — is
the goal to provision VMs on-demand in a libvirt-based infrastructure?
We have plenty of VMs in the upstream sepia lab, but we just provision
them statically and they look mostly like normal machines to
teuthology AFAIK.
-Greg