Re: teuthology - libvirt-backend

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 4:54 AM Dario Maiocchi <dmaiocchi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> i would like to create a generic libvirt backend forteuthology.
>
> I have already created a RFC feature on upstream tracker:
>
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36714, where i discuss (really) shortly.
>
> If you have any feedback or you would like to join efforts/collaborate
> feel free to ping me on the issue or here !

If you are looking for qemu/kvm, then i dont think there is anything
that is helpful in teuthology right now for you to look into, the
openstack api in
teuthology uses libcloud and the libcloud lacks basic api's to work with qemu.

Personally I think its a big win if we can get this going with
qemu/kvm since it will decentralize's the testing and one can use the
local enviornment
to test out it but there are lot of layers to integrate (like local
server capacity/dns/ipmi etc) and also integrate just the
paddles/pulpito for overall view of test run
or a different layer can be brought in to share the results.

Is that what you are looking for?