Spooky VLAs!

Hi folks,

In light of the recent kernel announcement regarding VLAs, I thought I'd check the temperature and see how folks feel about removing them from
Ceph?

I'm happy to work on this. I haven't so far seen a case in Ceph's code where it looks like they are being used for a very specific reason.

My goal would be twofold: to remove the actual instances of VLAs (there are a few) that are currently in use, an then to add the -Wvla flag to the build.

Thoughts appreciated,

-Jesse