ceph-volume lvm tag ceph.data_device

Hi list,
while playing with ceph-volume I noticed that it adds the tag ceph.data_device to an lv with the name of the lv (at the time of calling prepare). I was wondering what this specific tag is used for. From looking at ceph-volume's code it seems its only ever set. Using vgrename of lvrename one can easily create an inconsistency in this self-reference. Restarting the OSD (or rebooting the node) still works as expected but I'm certainly not thinking of all cases here. If this doesn't serve a specific purpose I think we shouldn't set the tag (happy to push a PR).
Best,
Jan

--
Jan Fajerski