Re: BEGINNERS BUGS TO HELP ME LEARN CEPH

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 4:33 PM Nkep Kerlyn <kerlynmanyi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please can someone help me.
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM Nkep Kerlyn <kerlynmanyi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sir,
> >
> > Greetings to you. Please I wish to work on this Issue ( #35691).
> >
> > I followed the dashboard developer documentation in HACKING.rst to
> > setup the development environment for both the frontend and the
> > backend of the dashboard since the issue requires working on the
> > dashboard frontend code. According to this documentation i am suppose
> > to run a requirement.txt file to install the backend dependencies then
> > finally run ./run-backend-api-tests.sh to start the dashboard test for
> > the backend. It runs and ends with a test_access_permission error. So

you might want to be more specific what the error is. after grepping
the code, i found `test_access_permissions` tests in 3 different test
cases, and they are testing the authorization functionality of
dashboard backend when accessing different API entities. the access in
test_access_permissions tests is supposed to get HTTP 403. but i am
not sure what is the "error" you have.

> > i tried running it with sudo but i still get the same error. A
> > screenshot named backend  of this error has been attached to this
> > mail.

i am afraid that ceph-devel does not allow attachments. probably you
could post the failure message to some pastebin service, like,
https://pastebin.com and https://paste.fedoraproject.org if it's text
only. and i think the plain text is easier for readers of your mail.

> > For the frontend of this dashboard, it builds completely and after
> > serving it, i can load the ceph dashboard but I cant login to it .
> > I have also attached a screenshot of the proxy.conf.json file and also
> > the error at the frontend.

ditto.

--
Regards