Re: [Ceph-community] MY INTRODUCTION TO CEPH COMMUNITY.

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:07 PM Lenz Grimmer <lgrimmer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Nkep,
>
> On 9/28/18 2:00 PM, Nkep Kerlyn wrote:
>
> > I am Computer Engineer(Telecoms Major) from Buea, Cameroon. I recently
> > completed undergraduate studies from the University of Buea.
> >
> > I am interested in contributing to Ceph during and after the upcoming
> > session of Outreachy 2019. I am proficient in Python and JavaScript and
> > I am ready to take my career to the next level by contributing to Open
> > Source.
>
> Welcome aboard!
>
> > I have looked at the Outreachy Ideas page and the Ceph Health Monitoring
> > Plugins. I am also looking at the existing mgr modules to have an
> > understanding of how the plugin works.
>
> If you're proficient in both Python and JavaScript, you might want to
> take a look at the Ceph Manager Dashboard plugin ;)
>
> > I have tried to setup my environment but i keep having some errors. I
> > have been using the following link to setup my environment
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph and at the building level, when i do the
> > make command, i get the following error:
> >

> > ….
> >
> > running build
> >
> > running build_ext
> >
> > [ 45%] Built target cython_rgw
> >
> > [ 45%] Built target rados
> >
> > //home/kerlyn/FOSS/ceph/build/lib/libceph-common.so.0: undefined
> > reference to `AES_set_encrypt_key@OPENSSL_1.0.0'
> >
> > //home/kerlyn/FOSS/ceph/build/lib/libceph-common.so.0: undefined
> > reference to `AES_cbc_encrypt@OPENSSL_1.0.0'
> >
> > //home/kerlyn/FOSS/ceph/build/lib/libceph-common.so.0: undefined
> > reference to `AES_set_decrypt_key@OPENSSL_1.0.0'
> >
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> This looks like a linker issue related to the OpenSSL libraries.
>
> > Link Error: RADOS library not found
> >
> > src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados.dir/build.make:57: recipe for
> > target 'src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados' failed
> >
> > make[2]: *** [src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados] Error 1
> >
> > CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4674: recipe for target
> > 'src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados.dir/all' failed
> >
> > make[1]: *** [src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados.dir/all] Error 2
> >
> > Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
> >
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > I have manually installed the rados library using the command sudo
> > apt-get install ceph-common but still no progress. I saw on that
> > installation guide that the prerequisite of the cmake version is cmake
> > 2.8.12but ihave cmake 3.5.1. Don’t know if it posses a problem.
>
> A newer CMake version should hopefully not be a problem. Installing the
> library from the distribution package is an interesting approach, but it
> should actually be built during the build process. What steps did you
> follow exactly to perform this build?
>
> > Please I will really like some help or someone to point me to the right
> > direction.
>
> How did you set up your build environment? Did you run "install-deps.sh"
> beforehand?

Nkep, i noticed that you send another mail to ceph-devel mentioning
the same build failure. i really suggest you answer Lenz's questions
first, so we can help you. moreover, is `libssl-dev` installed in your
system? you can use `dpkg -s libssl-dev` to see if it's installed.

--
Regards
Kefu Chai