Re: [Ceph-community] MY INTRODUCTION TO CEPH COMMUNITY.

Hi Nkep,

On 9/28/18 2:00 PM, Nkep Kerlyn wrote:

> I am Computer Engineer(Telecoms Major) from Buea, Cameroon. I recently
> completed undergraduate studies from the University of Buea.
>
> I am interested in contributing to Ceph during and after the upcoming
> session of Outreachy 2019. I am proficient in Python and JavaScript and
> I am ready to take my career to the next level by contributing to Open
> Source.

Welcome aboard!

> I have looked at the Outreachy Ideas page and the Ceph Health Monitoring
> Plugins. I am also looking at the existing mgr modules to have an
> understanding of how the plugin works.

If you're proficient in both Python and JavaScript, you might want to
take a look at the Ceph Manager Dashboard plugin ;)

> I have tried to setup my environment but i keep having some errors. I
> have been using the following link to setup my environment
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph and at the building level, when i do the
> make command, i get the following error:
>

> ….
>
> running build
>
> running build_ext
>
> [ 45%] Built target cython_rgw
>
> [ 45%] Built target rados
>
> //home/kerlyn/FOSS/ceph/build/lib/libceph-common.so.0: undefined
> reference to `AES_set_encrypt_key@OPENSSL_1.0.0'
>
> //home/kerlyn/FOSS/ceph/build/lib/libceph-common.so.0: undefined
> reference to `AES_cbc_encrypt@OPENSSL_1.0.0'
>
> //home/kerlyn/FOSS/ceph/build/lib/libceph-common.so.0: undefined
> reference to `AES_set_decrypt_key@OPENSSL_1.0.0'

This looks like a linker issue related to the OpenSSL libraries.

> Link Error: RADOS library not found
>
> src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados.dir/build.make:57: recipe for
> target 'src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados' failed
>
> make[2]: *** [src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados] Error 1
>
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4674: recipe for target
> 'src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados.dir/all' failed
>
> make[1]: *** [src/pybind/rados/CMakeFiles/cython_rados.dir/all] Error 2
>
> Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
>
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I have manually installed the rados library using the command sudo
> apt-get install ceph-common but still no progress. I saw on that
> installation guide that the prerequisite of the cmake version is cmake
> 2.8.12but ihave cmake 3.5.1. Don’t know if it posses a problem.

A newer CMake version should hopefully not be a problem. Installing the
library from the distribution package is an interesting approach, but it
should actually be built during the build process. What steps did you
follow exactly to perform this build?

> Please I will really like some help or someone to point me to the right
> direction.

How did you set up your build environment? Did you run "install-deps.sh"
beforehand?

> I look forward to interacting with you all and contributing to this
> awesome community.

Likewise! Have you joined the IRC channel yet?

Lenz

--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)