Re: mgr restful

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 2:09 PM Scheglmann, Stefan <scheglmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i recently stumbled across the mgr restful plugin. Currently it only supports status requests and some opertions on pools and requests. Are there any plans to extend this to general cluster opertions, e.g setting osd state (in/out, up/down), deleting odds etc. Basically bringing all the capabilities of the older ceph-rest-api to the mgr plugin. Does it make sense (for me) to extend this plugin in this direction (is it even possilbe)? Or is this plugin intended to only expose status / pool operations? In this case, it might make sense to start a new ‘operations’ restful api plugin for this purpose. Any opinions / advices.

If you're interested in extending it, that would be great.  The
current limited scope is not intentional, it just hasn't attracted
many contributions so far.

The dashboard module also has a more complete REST API that is used
between the backend and the frontend, but it is less suitable for
consuming externally because it will change when the UI code requires
it (I think this is still the case, but others can speak more
authoritatively).

Cheers,
John