Re: ceph seastar perfcounters implementation

Hello!

I'm working on an implementation [1] of perf counters that tries to avoid cache
ping-pongs (TLS) and move as much as possible to compile-time while keeping
the current logic.

The idea behind is to have the possibility of coexistence with PerfCounters/
PerfCountersCollection and migrate gradually. Although not directly targeting
SeaStar, I believe similar problems might pop-up also there:

* number of threads is not exactly known at compile time,
* number of counter's instances is variable and depends on run-time events.

Regards,
Radek

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/compare/master...rzarzynski:wip-common-perfctr-tls