Re: run-standalone.sh

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018, David Zafman wrote:

> I don't understand why but using teuthology-suite with --subset and '--filter
> standalone' always generates 6 jobs.
>
> Since the filter runs after the subset, the rados suite always includes the 6
> standalone yamls for some reason.
>
> So a rados run should always be sufficient excluding the ceph-objectstore-tool
> test.
>
> I withdraw my suggestion.  However, people should try to be familiar
> with run-standalone.sh because if it reproduces a problem it is a can be
> easier to debug and fix problems.  I usually run make check and
> run-standalone.sh on any core code changes before running teuthology.

IIRC we stopped including these in make check because it made it too slow
and/or flaky.  However, if we make it reliable, perhaps we should
re-add it to make check.

For what it's worth I almost always have trouble running these because the
jobs fail due to old core files in my build directory that I have to
manually remove.  Have you run into this before?  Perhaps we can have it
run the core file check (and clean up) core files before starting the
test?  It is confusing when it fail at the end due to an unclean
environment...

sage