Re: run-standalone.sh

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 8:10 AM, David Zafman <dzafman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sage,
>
> I suggest that a complete run-standalone.sh needs to pass before any code
> review approvals on any core changes.  This would have caught the latest
> backfill issue before it got merged to master.
>
> I wonder if Jenkins could do it if the "core" label is applied to the pull,
> then it would be automatic.

I love automated testing; the more the better!
run-standalone.sh is pretty opaque and I'm not familiar with it,
though. It looks like it runs the tests in qa/standalone? And that's
supposed to run in teuthology — was the PR merged despite failing
those tests, or were they erroneously not run because it was
"obviously correct"? About how long do the tests take to run? Those
look like maybe they were previously in "make check" and got pulled
out due to uncertainty; do we just think it will be easier on other
teams if the RADOS stuff still needs to get re-tested occasionally but
it's worth that noise?
Thanks!
-Greg "currently reacting inquisitively to anything about testing" Farnum