Re: using more ceph-ansible task in teuthology qa tests

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 10:25 AM, Tamilarasi Muthamizhan
<tmuthami@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Vasu,
>

> In the qa suites, We have been relying on Ceph task for long time and
> quite frankly it has done excellent job of setting up cluster for
> various upper layer tests which don't care how the cluster
> is setup.
>
> I am now proposing where possible we start taking out Ceph Task and
> replace this with Ceph-Ansible Task and fix the roles to properly work
> with ceph-ansible task, this will help
> us test more like customer scenario's, make it easy to consume new
> features(eg: ceph-volume, vdo etc) there are few things to fix in
> role's for each cluster that is setup using ceph-ansible
>
> --- Great Idea!
>
> This is the very reason we have "ceph-ansible" suite in teuthology
> [http://pulpito.ceph.com/teuthology-2018-05-23_04:15:02-ceph-ansible-jewel-distro-basic-ovh/]
> that uses "ceph-ansible" task instead of "ceph". The purpose of the
> "ceph-ansible" suite is to solely ensure the replacement of "ceph" task with
> "ceph-ansible" DOES NOT AFFECT anything else.
>
> I'd recommend continue to using "ceph-ansible" suite to TEST all workunits
> [rados/rbd/rgw/fs] by adding more workunits in there and and make sure
> everything works before we go ahead and just replace "ceph" task with
> "ceph-ansible" in all the QA suites.

We have been using this for quite some time and I think more others
use it we will have better
shot at cleaning up and fixing any issues that pop up rather than one
small suite.

> Last time we did this, I remember we hit issues with keyring files that
> prevented RGW and FS workunits from passing.
> [http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/18528] and a whole bunch of ceph-ansible
> installation issues.

It is just a keyring issue and for some compatibility the task already
creates admin keyring, for other clients
it could be just renaming the same file to match client names like client.0 etc.