rbd tracing efforts using zipkin

+ceph-devel

From: Chamarthy, Mahati
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 1:46 PM
Cc: dillaman@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: rbd tracing efforts using zipkin

I had recently setup zipkin and was able to pass along ceph lttng traces for visualization.

The visualization is pretty helpful, however due to the large number of I/O requests, there is a need for sampling. Has there been work on this side? Or how is this handled currently when one wants to establish the numbers for profiling?

A better question is perhaps, what is the best way to make a performance comparison on rbd I/O path before/after a change to librbd/librados code?

Thanks,
Mahati