Re: Upstream tracking tool

Thanks for starting this discussion, Kai.

On 04/23/2018 09:49 AM, Sage Weil wrote:

> On the other hand, it's not very useful for other contributors (especially
> new ones) to come look at.  That's partly because there is no detail
> written for the cards, but that could easily be fixed by writing up some
> notes for each item, linking to the relevant CDM discussions or etherpad
> notes, and so on.

I think this is something that can be improved. If we don't want to move
away from Trello, at least enforcing some rules in the ceph-backlog
board should help. Be it a summary in the card, or a link to a pad or a
page on ceph.com, a CDM discussion, etc. FWIW, just moving away from
Trello won't solve this particular issue, we'll still need to make an
effort to document tasks regardless of the tool that we go with.

Mohamad