Re: Please change the CC-BY-SA 1.0 license

On 03/13/2018 11:20 AM, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 6:09 PM, Nathan Cutler <ncutler@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My goal at the time was to bring the license line in the spec file into
closer alignment with what is specified in COPYING. (Not sure how Debian got
into the picture?)

Debian needs to know the exact license. Without the version of CC
license or a copy of the license in repo, we can't know whether it's
DFSG free.

I believe we have established that the exact doc license is unknown at this time, since COPYING does not specify a version. Would it be enough to declare in the mailing lists that the doc license version is declared to be, e.g., 3.0 of CC-BY-SA and that if anyone disagrees they should speak up? (With the understanding that, if they do, their stuff will be removed/rewritten.)

Then it would be a simple matter of fixing the relevant lines in COPYING and the packaging.

Nathan