Re: Read Only status HTTP API Manager Module

On 28-02-2018 09:17, Wido den Hollander wrote:

On 02/28/2018 10:05 AM, John Spray wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 7:42 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to extract this data from the dashboard, but that module isn't
stable either with dashboard v2 coming up.

Or is this something which we should build into the REST API module and make
a few endpoints not require authentication?

Opinions on this one?

It's an interesting question, with the upcoming dashboard v2 having
its own API.  That API is naturally pretty detailed, to support
everything the GUI can do, so there might be demand for something
simpler as well.

Ok, interesting! That might work indeed.

Right, dashboard v2 already provides some API endpoints that expose status information, but we can add more endpoints with more specific information. Currently, dashboard v2 also requires authentication to access its API endpoints, but we plan to add user role management, where a read-only role will be available, and maybe for this role no user authentication will be required.

Just one thing to keep in mind is that the current backend API endpoints were developed to be consumed by the frontend code, although they can be easily accessed using curl and return json formatted data.

Wido

John

Wido

Ricardo Dias