Re: recovery_deletes flag in OSDMap

Hi Wido,

When you finish updating all osds in a cluster to luminous, the last step:

  ceph osd require-osd-release luminous

actually sets the recovery_deletes flag.

All our luminous clusters have this enabled:

  # ceph osd dump | grep recovery
  flags sortbitwise,recovery_deletes

And that super secret redhat link explains that recovery_deletes
allows deletes to take place during recovery instead of at peering
time, which was previously the case.

-- Dan