mgr/balancer: transition from crush-compat to upmap

Hi all,

After the jewel->luminous upgrade, we've been transitioning our
clusters from 'ceph osd reweight-by-utilization' to the mgr/balancer
in crush-compat mode.
This is going well; notably all of our OSDs now no longer have a
reweight != 1.0.

Looking forward, has anyone thought about how to eventually upgrade
from crush-compat to upmap?

Seems we'd need the upmap balancer to gradually phase-out the compat
weight-set in addition to the balancing work it does now? Once the
compat weight-set is equivalent to the crush weights, then we just
remove it?

Cheers, Dan