make check without Python 2

Work is now ongoing to gradually wean Ceph off Python 2.

Currently, Python 2 is a hard requirement - Ceph will not work smoothly without it. The goal is to change this so that Python 3 is required and Python 2 is optional.

We have Ceph building in environments without Python 2, but it does not yet pass "make check". One of the reasons (and possibly the only reason) for the "make check" failure is that several test scripts have a shebang "#!/usr/bin/env python" which of course fails in a Python 3-only environment.

(Yes, there *might* be a symlink from python -> python3, but this is not assured and SUSE, at least, is not going in this direction.)

In my mind, the "right" solution is to change "#!/usr/bin/env python" to "#!/usr/bin/env python3" and fix whatever Python 3-related breakage might ensue. That, of course, assumes that we have collectively reached a point where we're ready to declare Python 3 a hard requirement for "make check".

Any objections to that? Alternative solutions to this dilemma?

Nathan