Re: Disabling the "old" dashboard in the dashboard v2 pull request?

Hi John,

On 02/14/2018 04:48 PM, John Spray wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Joao Eduardo Luis <joao@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Instead, I'd suggest the initial PR to perform a
>>
>> `git mv dashboard dashboard_legacy`
>>
>> or something similar, and introduce dashboard_v2 as the new
>> dashboard. Once that's merged, then we can have a PR removing the
>> current dashboard or whatever people are comfortable doing.
>
> Seems reasonable to me.  I'm happy for the "v1" dashboard code to go
> away quickly, but yeah, there's no need to literally have all the
> removal LOC in the same PR.

OK. We'll then perform the move of the original dashboard in our branch
and prepare a removal PR afterwards.

> Yep, this came up yesterday -- I'm expecting that the new dashboard
> will just use the same setting names where it makes sense, and
> magically inherit the configuration.

Yes, this is already the case. Dashboard v2 uses "server_addr",
"server_port" and "url_prefix" in the same way that the original
dashboard does it. Currently, we add "username", "password" and
"session-expire".

Lenz

--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)