Re: Disabling the "old" dashboard in the dashboard v2 pull request?

On 02/14/2018 11:44 AM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
Are there any objections/concerns about aiming at replacing the original
dashboard with the initial v2 submission?

I do think it makes sense to only have one dashboard, and to have v2 replacing the current dashboard.

I do not think it needs to happen on the PR introducing `dashboard v2` to the ceph project though, especially because the act of "replacing" the dashboard (if it actually means a full removal) will entail a lot of deleted lines of code.

Instead, I'd suggest the initial PR to perform a

  `git mv dashboard dashboard_legacy`

or something similar, and introduce dashboard_v2 as the new dashboard. Once that's merged, then we can have a PR removing the current dashboard or whatever people are comfortable doing.

However, one thing comes to mind:

Given v2 is currently using the `dashboard_v2` namespace, which I'm guessing also means its own config-key namespace --different from `dashboard`--, we need to ensure that once v2 is renamed to `dashboard` it still plays nice with any and all things that have been set through config-key for the previous dashboard.

Maybe this is not a problem, but if the dashboard v2 code is currently using config-key to set options (I think at least the admin user/pass is, right?), I'd ensure that transitioning from the current dashboard to the new is as seamless as possible.

  -Joao