Re: Better anticipation for minor releases

On 02/02/2018 01:05 PM, Alfredo Deza wrote:
If we approximately stop accepting new PRs at the third week, ask leads at
beginning of week 4 and go through only critical PRs for week 4; and go to
QE in week5,6 we might be able to somewhat get to a more scheduled minor
releases.

This might be a bit hard to deal with, how do you prevent a PR from
getting merged? I've seen several times PRs getting merged at the last
minute,
with little to no testing, and breaking a release :( It hasn't
happened much lately, but I don't know of a way to block all PRs for a
period of time

Do we have a way of releasing a given SHA1 (which has passed QE) even when additional PRs have been merged on top of it?

IIRC in the past we could only release the tip of the named (jewel, luminous) branch. That does indeed create a risk of PRs getting merged post-QE and inadvertently finding their way into a release.

Nathan