recovery scheduling

As I'm watching the mgr balancer module optimizing the layout on the lab
cluster I'm seeing a lot of cases where the recovery scheduling in
luminous is broken.  For example,

    pgs:     63895/153086292 objects degraded (0.042%)
             1439665/153086292 objects misplaced (0.940%)
             12166 active+clean
             198   active+remapped+backfill_wait
             97    active+remapped+backfilling
             10    active+undersized+degraded+remapped+backfill_wait
             6     active+recovery_wait+degraded
             2     active+recovery_wait+degraded+remapped
             1     active+undersized+degraded+remapped+backfilling

It is "wrong" that any PGs would be in recovery_wait (a high priority
log-based recovery activity) when there is a ton of backfill going on.
I've fixed this in master with a few rounds of recovery preemption PRs,
and shaken out a few other issues in the process, but can't backport it to
luminous without burning a feature bit.

I just took an inventory and we have 12 bits available, and I just marked
8 more deprecated that we can remove after the O release.

So... I think it's worth burning one on this.  Any objections?

And I guess also, is there anything else we wish we could backport to
luminous but would need to burn a feature bit to do it?

sage