Re: librados on OSX

On 10-10-2017 07:25, Kefu Chai wrote:
> + ceph-devel

ceph.spec.in contains the dependancies that are for Linux systems.
./install-deps.sh contains a fair list of dependancies I needed for FreeBSD.

In the mix of the 2 you should be able to get it working.

Now the thing you need to be aware of, when you run into "bugs", is that
there is a translation shim that translates the Ceph-errors codes ( ==
Linux errorcodes) to their FreeBSD equivalents. And since not all
rewrites have matching counterparts, there is some optimism there.

Not sure how much of that would be applicable for OSX, and if all
rewrites are precise enough.

For the remark of Kefu in the PR, interoperability seems to work, but it
is certainly rough terrain.

--WjW