Re: increasingly large packages and longer build times

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Should we ship a ceph-boost, etc. package then that does not overwrite
> distro packages (installs in a different location)?

On the RPM side, ceph depends on the libboost_* sonames directly. So
our ceph-boost package would need to provide those, and Yum may still
prefer it over the standard system boost.

What is the specific risk of overriding RHEL's and Ubuntu's system
boost? (Are there some common packages that users typically install on
ceph nodes that would also depend on the old system boost?)

- Ken