Re: needs-backport label on github/ceph/ceph

Can we ensure that we always have a tracker issue when there is a
pending backport label, makes it easier to track these.

I thought the whole idea was to make a "fast-track" backporting process which would not require a tracker for each backport. With the understanding that it would only be used early in the release cycle. If a backport is "fast-tracked" the merging developer would be responsible for doing and merging the cherry-picks.

If there is a tracker, of course, then the normal workflow would apply regardless of the presence/absence of this "needs-backport" tag.

Right?

Nathan