Re: increasingly large packages and longer build times

On 22-8-2017 15:52, Matt Benjamin wrote:
> ++kefu
>
> Matt

>>> The very latest cutting-edge versions of the distros may ship boost >= 1.61
>>> but the stable versions most likely do not.

For FreeBSD I use the ports version = 1.64.
Thus far no problems.

And since we are talking about boost....

How do I prevent `git submodule ` from downloading all this Boost stuff
that I'm not going to use it anyways?
So downloading this massive git-tree over and over, is a waste of time
and bandwidth.

thanx,
--WjW